Thursday, October 1, 2009

Do all Microsoft computers include Microsoft Word as well as Word Perfect?

I have a Dell computer and its Microsoft.My cousin and I have the same computer and my cousin's computer has Microsoft Word and Word Perfect.She said that Microsoft Word is hard to find on the computer.I know I have Word Perfect but I don't like Word Perfect.I think Microsoft Word has more facilities.I have been using Word Perfect for a long time but now I'm sick of it!I got my computer in like september 2005.How can I find Microsoft Word on my computer?Please Help!



Do all Microsoft computers include Microsoft Word as well as Word Perfect?systemworks



You won't find it. Most computers are 'bundled' with some kind of software. Generally this includes Windows and the things that come with Windows - Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Notepad, Wordpad, MS Paint and so on (just very basic stuff). Then the sellers do deals with the software companies and sell stuff with the computer like MS Works (which often comes with a version of MS Word) or Wordperfect or some other basic wordprocessing package.



If you want MS Word, you will have to buy it. However, Wordperfect isn't so bad. It has most of the functions that Word has - they just may be accessed a little differently. It will also save documents in a format that Word can read: go for Save As and then in the Files of Type dropdown, look for either MS Word format or for Rich Text Format or RTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment