Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft Word: Copy and Paste?

Okay, I copied a very important document (not in Microsoft, but elsewhere). It was a couple of pages long and I can never get that back. I copied it and it showed up in the copy tab on the right of the Microsoft Word document. I then exited out of that and accidently deleted the Microsoft document... I need to get the copied part back but no matter how many times I try, I can't find it on the copy tab on the right of a Microsoft Word document.



I want to know if it's possible to ever get that back! Please! It's very important! Someone help me!!!!!!!!!



Microsoft Word: Copy and Paste?nortonantivirus



I don't want to have to be the person to tell you this, but I'm sure others will if I don't (!).



I'm afraid that the clipboard is a temporary storage for holding information. If Microsoft Word was closed and you've re-opened it, tried pasting (Ctrl + V) and it still doesn't appear I regret telling you that there is no way to recover that. To my knowledge there is no log files of clipboard storage, and the data is stored temporarily in the RAM, something which is unrecoverable once lost.



I know this answers your question and doesn't give you the hope you were looking for, but at least you now spend your time re-writing/creating the information you lost, rather than wasting time trying to recover it.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment