Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft Windows Update won't recognize windows !!?

I seem to have a problem opening Windows update ! When I try to open the page, It looks like this---------



Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.



This website is designed to work with Microsoft Windows operating systems only.



To find updates for Microsoft products that are designed for Macintosh operating systems, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/mac/.



Why is Microsoft not recognizing Windows ?? It seems to think I am running on a Mac !! I am running Windows XP Media Center, and have not Installed anything that I know of that would have caused this. Also having a problem opening the NFL sports page on MSN home page. It says "Internet Explorer - Ajax is not supported". I know this is some kind of extension to Java, but like I said, I have not installed any new programs. Think these are related??? I have ran two utility programs to clean Registry, search for errors, etc.. any help would be appreciated.



Thanks,



Dwayne



Microsoft Windows Update won't recognize windows !!?virus protection



First re-install your operating system, making sure to back up ALL files that you want to keep and if that doesn't work...then...



http://support.microsoft.com/common/inte...



Talk to the people that work there, they will give you the best advice overall. They deal with this kind of stuff everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment