Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft udates is not updating on my pc. When i have xp firewall on my pc microsoft updates wont u

when i put like a CA firewall or comodo then my updates on microsoft works fine. But then again i went and pulled the comodo firewall off and tried again to udpate for microsoft and it wouldnt. I put CA on my pc and then microsoft updates fine again. Why is this doing this? I know my copy of windows is liscensed cause i downloaded windows defender. And i dont think u can download that unless u have a lisense copy of it.



Microsoft udates is not updating on my pc. When i have xp firewall on my pc microsoft updates wont update but?adware remover



That has been happening to more than just a few people...and for a varity of reasons...



check the posting link below, a MS 'guru' walks an end-user thru1 repair for this problem-



I has a similar problem on an XP-Pro system %26 had to add/replace a .dill file to get it going again-grrrr-:)



Also try this from MS:



Windows Update Solution Center



Something not working the way you expected with Windows Update? Start here to find solutions to top issues or to contact a support professional.



http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527



Microsoft udates is not updating on my pc. When i have xp firewall on my pc microsoft updates wont update but?antivirus protection



Just delete files and cookies from your PC.



Then run the Virus check.



Defender check too.



Go to Microsoft site; download from there.
Are you sure it was the Microsoft XP Firewall? I doubt it was.



A lot of protection suites also include a firewall. You may need to add an exception to the firewall for Windows Update.



I like to monthly run an update manually in custom mode.



Microsoft Update. Run in "Custom Mode". Install everything, reboot and repeat until nothing is left to install.



http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsof...

No comments:

Post a Comment