Friday, October 2, 2009

Is the Yahoo!/Microsoft merger a good thing for Yahoo! users?

Since the first day I had internet I have always used Yahoo! It鈥檚 always been my home page. I like more that Google or MSN and I am "worried" over the future of Yahoo! My personal opinion is that Microsoft will completely ruin everything that is great about Yahoo! As we can see with Microsoft own MSN, their strengths is not on the online world. The only one benefiting from this deal is Microsoft. Yes, Yahoo鈥檚 stock hasn鈥檛 been performing great and Google has a strong market share over Yahoo!, but a Microsoft buyout is not going to help or change these facts. This is just a quick fix to Microsoft urge to want to be the "big dog" in the online world. Buying Yahoo! will take away one of their biggest competitor and in make Microsoft the runner up and maybe one day the leader in this industry? As far as I am concerned, if you Yahoo! sells out and mergers with Microsoft, I will sell out too and go to Google.



Is the Yahoo!/Microsoft merger a good thing for Yahoo! users?norton antivirus



It actually will not affect Yahoo to any great extent. The reasoning behind this is simple, there is a major change in the way software is developing. It is now possible to have no office software on your PC and to work using online suites. Google have deveoped Google office which could become a threat to Microsoft. The purchase of Yahoo gives Microsoft a web prescence to promote a new Microsoft office online and allow it to compete with Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment