Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Questions regarding Microsoft Word / Microsoft Works?

I have Microsoft Works on my laptop but when I open Word documents in 'Microsoft Word Processor' they appear funny and all over the place, even when I try to open documents created in Microsoft Word. I would rather not pay 拢150 to buy Microsoft office in order to be able to see the documents properly. How can I have Microsoft Word on my laptop without having to pay this amount of money. I need to use Microsoft Word in order to create documents for my job.



Questions regarding Microsoft Word / Microsoft Works?hijack this



Free



Go to Open Office, it's free. Visit http://www.openoffice.org



Good luck and Happy Computing!



Questions regarding Microsoft Word / Microsoft Works?liveupdate



Check the three letters behind the dot on each of those files, if they are pdf files, it takes a different set up called Adobe Reader to read these files properly.
My suggestion is to download and install Open Office, which will let you create MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel files, and will open same.



Open Office is an open source office application, based on StarOffice. It is highly compatible with MS Office's core applications (up to MS Office 2007, I believe).



You'll find more information at http://www.openoffice.org

No comments:

Post a Comment